Music in the Mood of the Fifth Course
INSTRUCTOR: Dan Prindle
This course begins by giving parents and teachers a solid foundation in the basic elements of western music theory that are necessary prerequisites to understanding music in the mood of the fifth. These prerequisites include the fundamentals of music theory (basics of pitch and rhythm) and an introduction to diatonic and pentatonic music. The course then proceeds to define the mood of the fifth and describe its elements, as well as give a variety of examples. This course offers the necessary knowledge for parents and teachers to fully understand this often vaguely defined concept.
This course includes the following videos:
1. Introduction to the Course
1. Introduction to Pitch
2. Rhythm, Meter, and Beat
3. Tonal Music, Diatonic Music, and Major Keys
6. Minor Keys
7. Pentatonic Music
8. Music in the Mood of the Fifth
In addition, this course offers the following supplemental materials:
1. A PDF ebook with all illustrations contained in the videos for later study
2. Practice exercises to aid in mastering the concepts covered in the videos
3. Mp3 copies of originally composed songs in the mood of the fifth
4. Access to a forum where users can ask questions and get answers directly from the instructor
5. Direct email access to the instructor
This course delivers all video content as private videos via YouTube.com. A valid google account (which is FREE) is required to access these videos. You provide the email address associated with the google account and we authorize your access to the videos. You must be logged in to google to access the videos. Supplemental materials can be downloaded directly to your computer from a link that we will provide via email.
SPECIAL OFFER: Purchase the FOUNDATIONS OF MUSIC course and receive a discount code via email to purchase the entire Mood of the Fifth Course for only $40.00!